We do not charge for stay in the Swiss cottage tents/ cottages but you are expected to pay for the meals. Accommodation plan is 4 people in 1 tent with attached bath and restroom. We serve local veg and Punjabi veg buffets and also non-veg items can be ordered a la carte. You can buy other items like snacks, packaged water, soft drinks, soda, toiletries etc. from the tuck shop. We do not serve or supply alcohol but you’re welcome to bring your own drinks and be responsible for disposal of empty bottles. Since, it’s a working farm with lot of timber and dry leaves therefore smoking is only allowed in designated areas.
The food package for a day and overnight trips are
1 Day package for guests:
Veg lunch on arrival, evening tea/ coffee, dinner and next day morning breakfast with tea/ coffee Rs.1500 per person.
2 Days package for guests:
Veg lunch on arrival, evening tea/ coffee, dinner and next day morning breakfast with tea/ coffee, lunch on day 2 and evening tea/ coffee Rs.2500 per person.
*Volunteer and Cyclists package
Minimum 2 days stay at the farm including 4-5 hours of voluntary work on the farm for volunteers (not mandatory for cyclists) Rs.800 per day stay and food. This place is a heaven for country side bicycle touring.
Geared bicycles can be rented at Rs.300/- per day. We recommend that riders bring their own gloves and helmets for hygiene and safety. We do have some helmets and suggest you bring a bandana or handkerchief for your own hygiene.
11:00 -12:00 - Arrival at the farm, tent allocation and freshen up.
12:00 – 1:00 – Walk around the farm and briefing of facility and activities.
1:00 – 3:00 – Lunch
3:30 to 4:30 – Bullock cart/ Tractor ride around the village.
4:30 – 5:00 – Evening Tea/ Coffee.
5:00 – 6:00 - Milking the Gir cow.
6:00 – 8:00 – Leisure/ pitching tents.
8:00 – 9:30 – Buffet Dinner/ Barbeque (private kitchen)
6:00 to 8:00 - Trekking around village route to the sea shore and back.
8:00 - 10:00 – Breakfast, Tea/ Coffee
10:00 – 1:00 – Farming and leisure activities.
1:00 – 3:00 – Lunch.
3:00 - 4:30 – Warli painting.
4:30 – 5:00 – Evening Tea/ Coffee
Departure from the farm, have a safe trip!!!
*Please note you can hire the entire Nest farms accommodation if you’re a group of 16 or more people. Currently we can accommodate a maximum of 25 people with accommodation for some in pitching tents.
* Nest farm is accessible from both Dahanu and Gholvad railway stations. However, Dahanu has better local and other train connectivity. Paid auto-rickshaws and pickup/ drop facility are also available. If travelling by private car we have enough secured car parking available.
* We do not encourage guests to tip the staff however you’re free to make voluntary donations if you are happy with the service and the experience. This donation goes towards welfare of the villagers and doing more for them.
* Guests can wear western and short dresses while inside the farm premises however, are advised to dress up a bit conservatively while roaming in the village. Covered knees and shoulders are advised.
* There is a TV but no Wi-fi service in rooms, patrons can use their cellular networks and dongles for the same. Vodafone and Airtel have good data and voice connectivity in our farm area.
* It's an eco-farm and guests are requested to consider minimal water wastage as water is not an abundantly available resource. Guests are requested to carry their own towels and toiletries, we will provide bedding, blanket and sheets.
* Foreign national can contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for visa/ stay formalities and charges.